Universiti Malaysia Pahang-The first institution in Malaysia to offer Master in Mining with Mineral Technology and a Hands-On Master Program in Process Plant Operation
Faculty of Chemical and Natural Resources Engineering, Universiti Malaysia Pahang (UMP) has become the first institution of higher learning in Malaysia to offer a new coursework program at Master level for mining and mineral technology. This curriculum structure is developed together with Minerals and Geoscience Department Malaysia and Malaysia Chamber of Mines, emphasizing on sustainable mining (up-stream) and mineral processing in the downstream. It is a program which provides learners with knowledge for the whole life cycle of the mine and on the related processes of it, from the start-up to closure of mine. Effectively, this broad range industry-oriented coverage is tailored to professionals irrespective of their academic background or work experience.
Among the key highlights of this new coursework program are:
- Instructors comprised industrial practitioners, senior academicians and senior officers from relevant government agencies.
- An industry-centric curriculum designed by senior academicians and officers from government agencies.
In addition, another new master program, MSc Process Plant Operation in collaboration with Institute of Petroleum Technology of PETRONAS (INSTEP), a state-of the-art technical training institute owned by PETRONAS Technical Training Sdn. Bhd., will offer both theoretical and practical experience in process industry. In particular, aspirants will be trained at its integrated Upstream Downstream Training Plant (UDTP), one of its kind in the world. UDTP is created to simulate real plant scenario to enhance the competency of leaners through hands-on training and experiential learning for safe, efficient and responsible processing of bulk resources into other products. Upon completion of this course, learners are expected not only competent in managing and operating the process plant but at the same time showing organization leadership, professionalism and responsibility towards society and environment.
According to Assoc. Professor Dr. Chin Sim Yee, the Head of Program, both master coursework programs will start their first intake in September 2018. Interested learners are encouraged to obtain more information from the website of Institute of Postgraduate Studies of Universiti Malaysia Pahang which can be readily reached at www.ips.ump.edu.my. Dr. Chin herself can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org for direct consultation on the aforementioned courses.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)