Innovations in Maxillofacial Surgery
At this TEDx event, Dr Nader El Bokle, Professor of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery, Cairo University, shared on the new innovations in Oral and Maxillofacial surgery. He also compared them against procedures from the past and their limitations.
Dr Nader defined innovation as “[…] anything that is new. It is a new idea, a novel device, or even if you come up with a better technique in order to meet market demand or any new requirements […].” He also shared on a more recent innovation which that is now commonly used within the dental field and is also the highlight of Industry 4.0 – 3D Printing.
3D printing was first introduced in the 90s and thereafter medical and dental applications were integrated into the technology. Dr Nader managed to get hold one of the earliest models which was rarely produced in the United States back then. Dr Nader shared that in one case, this technology was used on a 34 year old male who had Allegiant in his in his lower jaw, and that legion had eaten all his mojo. Hence, Dr Nader and his team wanted to leverage on this technology to help outline and see where they can make cuts of the tumor mass, before carrying out the rest of the relevant surgery procedures.
Watch the full video to find out the various innovative advancements made to 3D printing and how Dr Nader designs his own methodology which goes beyond other medical innovations within the dentistry landscape. Also, listen to Dr Nader share on the future oral and Maxillofacial surgery.
Participate in the upcoming QS Subject Focus Summit – Dentistry under the theme of “Changing Paradigm in Dental Education for Future Excellence” from 4-6 April 2019 in Seoul, South Kore
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Skype (Opens in new window)